Spicy Fioretto Tacos
Looking for a vegetarian taco option to add to your rotation? Toni Sakaguchi from The Culinary Institute of America shows us how to make vegetarian Spicy Fioretto Chipotle Tacos. In this recipe, she uses Fioretto, a cousin of cauliflower. The coral-like florets of the Fioretto have slender stems and a subtle sweetness that take on spices wonderfully. Chef Toni places a spoonful of spicy roasted Fioretto on a hot tortilla, with salsa, avocado, pickled onion, and cilantro.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F
FOR THE CHIPOTLE MARINADE:
- Combine the chipotle, garlic, cumin, lime juice and extra-virgin olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
FOR THE FIORETTO:
- Toss the Fioretto with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast the Fioretto in a hot oven until caramelized, approximately 20 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and season with chipotle, garlic, cumin, lime juice, and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Heat a tortilla.
- Place a spoonful of Fioretto on the tortilla.
- Top with salsa and garnish with a slice of avocado and a sprig of cilantro.
Learn more about Fioretto on our website.
Buy Fioretto seeds from the Tokita Seed Company.
This dish was created for the Oishii Nippon Project in collaboration with the Culinary Institute of America. Follow link for a video demonstration and more ONP recipes.