Fioretto is a sweeter more delicate hybrid vegetable developed by Tokita Seeds that can cooked a number of ways. In today's recipe, we head south of the border to give our Fioretto a Mexican flare. Mezcal Sautéed Fioretto is a simple dish to prepare that can be served as an appetizer or side dish.
- Preheat a medium sauté pan, with the burner set to med-high.
- Breakdown half of a head of Fioretto by cutting off individual florets in a vertical manner exposing the tasty slender stems.
Note: Remember the stalk of the Fioretto is tender and delicious, never discard it,
- Add the coconut oil to heated pan.
- Once the oil has melted, add Fioretto, Salt, Cayenne Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper.
Note: Amount of Cayenne and Crushed Red Peppers can be taken up or down to easily change the heat profile of the dish.
- Sauté 5 minutes, tossing or stirring the Fioretto every minute.
- Add Mezcal and juice from fresh squeezed lime, and sauté over heat for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, plate and garnish with lemon zest and a pinch of salt.