Cheesy Fioretto Casserole
With fall upon us, casserole season is just around the corner. This Fioretto recipe is healthy, hearty and a great option for Keto or Gluten-Free diets. It’s a healthier version of Mac’n’Cheese!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Steam Fioretto in a boiling pot until crisp tender (4-5 minutes)
- Chop Fioretto into small pieces.
- Finely chop green ends of Negi.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl.
- Mix chopped Fioretto, garlic, bread crumbs, Negi and shredded cheddar cheese into bowl of whipped eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in 8 x 8 casserole or pie dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese and put in for another 5-10 minutes, until lightly browned and crispy.
Serve warm as a side.
Photo borrowed from Cookingprofessionally.com