This sweet Sweet Kabù salad will give a zing to an old classic. We love the balance of acidity and spicy sweetness. This recipe utilizes the entire Sweet Kabù plant. Its leaves are rich in folate, potassium, iron and Vitamins K and C. If you have any leftover leaf paste, it can be used as a topping for salads, meats, or roasted veggies.
- Prepare leaf paste by chopping Sweet Kabù leaves.
- Place in a cup and gently muddle with olive oil.
- Add fresh lemon or a splash of vinegar and some salt.
- Cut Sweet Kabù into thick slices after removing stems.
- Slice tomato equally as thick.
- Layer Sweet Kabù and tomato slices on a large dish.
- Top with leaf paste.
- Sprinkle with sea salt (and pepper, if desired) and serve.