Blistered Shishito Peppers and Negi
Oishii Nippon Project's Shishimai and Negi are delicious prepared in a number of ways on their own. But when you combine the two over a hot griddle, they make for an awesome accompaniment to any meal. Check out our recipe and watch the video to see exactly how Chris prepares this tasty meal.
- Slice Negi into rings
- Chop Shishimai evenly
- Dice potatoes evenly
- Cut bacon into small strips
- Preheat griddle. Make sure surface is hot, then place potatoes on griddle to cook first. Season with salt, pepper and any other seasonings you desire.
- Cover potatoes. While potatoes are cooking, season pork chops.
- Once potatoes are golden, add bacon and pork chops to griddle to cook. You should hear sizzling because of high heat. This is what you want. Cook pork chops by themselves, but all other ingredients get mixed together.
- After first flip of pork chops (after appx. 2-3 minutes), add Negi and Shishimai to golden brown potatoes and mostly cooked bacon. We are only searing these vegetables, then pulling them off the grill.
- Plate your blistered Shishimai and Negi with a side of pork chops and Enjoy! Serves 4.